Friday, July 8, 2011

Oh, Come ON!

(Click the image to MONSTER size it, or click here to read from the beginning!)

It ain't always easy.
This panel is a case in point.  I had to draw that close-up of Clay twice before I got it right.  Fortunately, the smaller image worked out ok.  But, even with the delay, I did get this panel out this week.  Maybe, if I were one of those guys who had the whole story thumbnailed out in advance, this wouldn't happen.  Maybe.  But, I HATE doing that.  Part of the enjoyment for me is thinking on the fly...stitching the images and dialogue together as it happens.  That way, it remains challenging and fresh, and I don't feel like I'm just beating a dead horse (or story).

Yeah, I know..it's probably a stupid idea.  But, it's how it works for me.

Poor Clay.  I suppose he's allowed to have a bit of a fit...he's been deprived of sleep and thrust into some pretty weird situations.  We'll see how he keeps coping as the story rolls along.

Mommas don't let your babies grow up to be fictional characters. :)

2 comments:

Argonautresins said...

Uh oh. I better go get some popcorn!!!

Dave_Flora said...

Bring some back for me! :)